Monday, January 23, 2017

01-21-2017

Workout:

Throwing - Midrange Floaters
Indoors

Footwork and Conditioning
Jog
Dynamic Warm Up
Low Hip Acceleration Mechanics
Deceleration Mechanics
8 x 300 at 1:2

Reading:

I did not read.

Notes:

Today I went to the Womens March Chicago with a group of friends.  It was a great time.  In my mind, showing support for the important women in my life is a no-brainer.  I have a hard time understanding people who aren't in support of the women around them.  Doesn't everyone have important women in their life, and if you do, how can you not be in support of them, how can you be unwilling to fight on their behalf?

My belief is that rallies and protests do not directly effect change or influence politicians currently in office in a significant way.  But I do believe that they can have a massive impact on galvanizing and organizing grassroots campaigns that can lead to support of representatives who are in line with those beliefs.  Especially at the local level.  So while I don't think the rally itself will directly lead to change, I think that a rally can serve to get the ball rolling on the actions that do lead to tangible change.

No comments:

Post a Comment