Monday, December 5, 2016

12-04-2016

Workout:

3v3 with NUT coaches and Walden

Reading:

I did not read.

Notes:

It snowed today during 3v3.  It was a great time, pretty cold and wet by the end.
My goal today was to bring the heat on defense, practice playing with my hips lower so I can change direction more quickly, and try to make plays on discs in my layout range.  I especially wanted to work on setting up well, using my body, and making plays on in-cuts.  I think I did a pretty good job applying pressure and I pulled the trigger a few times when I thought I had a look.  I got close but wasn't able to get blocks from them.  I was happy with the level of intensity I brought, but I think I need to continue to ramp it up in those areas.

Results-wise, my team got smashed at 3v3.  I turned in a pretty poor offensive performance.  I would definitely like the opportunity at a rematch a little later in the off-season, I think it was within our power to win and I think given another chance we have a good shot.

To beat Walden's team at 3v3, you have to contain him.  The strength he brings to his team is that they get a guy who is always hustling, is an extremely reliable reset, a great defender, and takes the right angles on everything.  When I say contain him, I specifically mean you have to play tight enough on him so that his teammates make throwing errors trying to get it to him.  If you give Walden the free reset, he will take it all day, break the mark, and play mistake-free as he wrecks you.  So, come ready to battle (best plan is probably to rotate matchups on him), and maximize mismatches on other players.

No comments:

Post a Comment