Thursday, October 20, 2016

10-19-2016

Workout:

Throwing - Wrist Mechanics (290)

40 minutes of Foam rolling, Stretching, and Activation

Reading:

I listened to more of "Start With Why".  More of the same.  Thankfully I'm almost done with the book.

Notes:

I don't consider myself a Cubs fan.

When I was a kid, my family lived in Evanston and my parents were Cubs fans.  We would occasionally go to Cubs games at Wrigley field when the weather was nice.  I remember taking stats on a scorecard at a few games, I remember Harry Caray, and I remember the Ivy-covered walls before they put "Underarmour" logos on the green doors in the outfield.

When I moved to Minnesota, I started following the Twins.  I would regularly listen to the games on the radio while I was doing my homework in high school.  The metrodome made weather a non-issue when we went to games, and we could get nosebleed tickets for $7, with $1 hot dogs on Wednesdays.  Johan Santana was in his prime and was dominating, Joe Mauer was close to hitting .400, Justin Morneau was cranking home runs on the regular, it was a good time to be a twins fan.

If there is such a thing as having a distant 2nd-favorite team, mine would be the Cubs.  So while I am not a Cubs fan, I am watching this playoff series with reserved interest.  It's easy to root for an underdog, and I reckon not winning a title in 108 years qualifies you as an underdog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment