Friday, September 29, 2017

2017 Men's Club Opinions Revisited

Checking back in with my pre-season predictions:

Likely seeds per ultiworld:
https://ultiworld.com/2017/09/28/2017-national-championships-seeding-predictions-mens-division/





























To be specific, my picks are on final placement, so we'll see how close I get at the end of October.

Big surprises:
- Madison Club playing terribly all season, not earning a bid, then losing to Subzero in the g2g. This team seems obviously talented enough to make nationals, and I can't help but feel like they picked the wrong thing to prioritize (audl), and sarasota was the cost as an outsider looking in.
- On the flip side, Condors earning a bid was a surprise (and being able to hold off Guerrilla to take it).  Having played them last year at SFI, I didn't feel like they had the depth of athletes to hang.  Big props to them for a great season.
- Dig being good.  I felt like Dig was a flash in the pan without Babbitt.  Totally wrong about that.  I don't believe the hype about them making semis of whatever, but definitely much better than I expected.
- Doublewide not being that good.  I think they have the pieces to be really great, but their results have consistently fallen short of what I expected.
- Florida United doing their thing.  In retrospect I should have seen this coming.

Small Surprises:
- Sockeye being better than expected.  Still would be surprised to see them in semis.
- Machine & High Five a bit better than expected.
- Patrol being mediocre.
- Goat taking care of business.
- Ironside losing some guys and looking like not a semis-level team.

No comments:

Post a Comment