Monday, October 12, 2015

A Snapshot

I feel pretty good.  I've been moving well today, running reset cuts hard, getting open and hitting my spots.  My throws feel on the money, no turnovers yet today that I can recall.  I'm playing much better defense too, my legs still can bring the heat despite this being late in the 6th game this weekend.  Better than yesterday, that's for sure.  It feels good to be out here.

My team is doing well.  We're connecting on shots, encouraging each other, following the plan, keeping energy high.  Belief is strong in us, today.

The weather in West Chester, OH is flawless.  Sunny but not too hot, a slight cross-wind.

I don't know the score, but I know it's close because I overheard some of my teammates talking about it a few minutes ago on the sidelines.  This might be a big point.  Game point?  I'm not sure.  I push that out of my mind, it doesn't change how I'll approach this point.

I look over at Nick, on the line to my left.  He's fiddling with his jersey.  He looks back, we touch knuckles and nod knowingly.  It feels good.

Kennedy talks about the plan for a few seconds.  It's familiar.  Matt says something about being an "Alpha" and counts us down to clap in unison.  We clap.

I take a moment to breathe, refocus, and release the butterflies in my chest.  This only takes a few seconds.  I've done this before almost every point I've played today.  It feels familiar, too.

The pull goes up, it's a good one.  Brickyard's been pulling well all day.  I catch the pull, feel the disc in my hands, hit Kennedy.  Time to work.

-----

After putting it in the big box for the horses most of the game, our Oline worked it 70 yards to win on universe.  We scored on a 6 yard open side pass from Santi to Vock.  Brickyard backed us all day, terrified of being beaten in one throw.  Without our foundational ability to work it down the field, we would have been watching the game to go from the sidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment