Friday, September 25, 2015

Tenuously Relating Movies to Ultimate

Rounders

me: Every practice where a player shows up and goes hard, that player earns 1 cent for the team.  The perfect practice is worth $0.25, but most are probably in the $0.10-$0.20 range.

Sent at 11:22 AM

me: At the end of the season you take all your earnings to the series and sit down at the poker table, and play the hand you're dealt.

Sent at 11:24 AM

KB: I want you to post your thoughts on the internet.

me: I just did.

KB: Cool.

Sent at 11:26 AM

me: I don't have the discipline to maintain a blog, but I did watch "Rounders" the other day.

Sent at 11:27 AM

KB: Discipline is overrated.

Sent at 11:28 AM

-----

Pacific Rim

me: I was watching Pacific Rim the other day.  The parallels to ultimate are obvious.

Sent at 2:08 PM

KB: Immensely obvious.  You need a partner.

me: Yes.  To take it one step further, your team is your jaeger and you fight other jaegers.  You are joined by your common cause, unified in battle.

Sent at 2:09 PM

me: Or, your opponents are kaiju whom you can only defeat by teaming up.

Sent at 2:10 PM

me: Pacific Rim is really a metaphor for life in general.

Sent at 2:11 PM

me: It really is a terribly acted movie, as an aside.  Thankfully that is irrelevant to the movie.

Sent at 2:13 PM

-----

No comments:

Post a Comment